Sunday, September 18, 2011

Mayweather Jr. no intention to apologize to Merchant

Veteran sportscaster Larry Merchant insisted the he was willing to go to fight former pound-for-pound king and unbeaten Floyd Mayweather, if he's only 50 years younger. Merchant made ​​the statement after the debate with Mayweather after the fight with Victor Ortiz. Following the controversial Mayweather win, the 80-year-old Merchant tried to interview the new welterweight champion, but instead interview, Mayweather to Merchant.

Floyd Mayweather: You know what I'm gonna do cause you never give me a fair shake, you know that? So I'm gonna let you talk to Victor Ortiz. I'm through. Put someone else here to give me an interview. Talk to Victor Ortiz!

Larry Merchant: What are you talking about?

Floyd Mayweather: You never give me a fair shake. HBO needs to fire you. You don't know sh*t about boxing! You ain't sh*t! You're not sh*t!

It was obvious in the face of Merchant that he was shock. But immediately avenged a statement saying the officer was ready to fight Mayweather only if he's 50 years younger.

"I wish I was 50 years younger and I'd kick your ass." Merchant said.

Following a heated scene, Merchant was admitted although he fight with Mayweather, but he allegedly prepared the courage to try it. In Mayweather's side, it also insisted he was not planning to apologize to Merchant.