Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Money Mayweather wants to fight Pacquiao

Mayweather vs Ortiz
In the press conference for his bout against Ortiz, Mayweather was once again assailed with questions regarding a possible fight with the pound-for-pound king. Mayweather was not shy in addressing the questions.

"Do I want the Pacquiao fight? Absolutely, absolutely!" Mayweather declared.

"I want to let the fans know this and anybody who is watching live. Floyd

Mayweather don't duck or dodge anyone," Mayweather said. Mayweather has been accused of ducking Pacquiao after negotiations for a possible mega-fight between the two fighters fell through.

But Mayweather added that he was not looking past Ortiz. "He's tough and he's earned the right. As of right now he is a world champion, and the ultimate goal is for me to go out there and face the world champion," Mayweather said.

He also commended Ortiz for taking the drug test. "I give it to Victor Ortiz for standing up to take the test," Mayweather said. Mayweather said that he may fight Pacquiao after Ortiz – but added that Pacquiao will still have to take the drug test.

"After this fight, if I'm able to negotiate a Pacquiao fight, it could happen," he said. "Hopefully Pacquiao steps up to the plate and takes the test so we can fight. I'm waiting for the fight to happen."

Meanwhile, Ortiz remained confident despite being the underdog in the bout. "I'll be the one fighting Manny Pacquiao next year," Ortiz said. The odds makers have Mayweather at -750 and Ortiz at +525. But Ortiz said that he did not care about the odds.

"I don't care about that. I don't pay attention to that, I plan on being a world champion for 15 years... I am definitely going to beat Mayweather," Ortiz Said. Mayweather vs Ortiz fight will happen on September 17, 2011.